UPDATE: As of October 2020, UCL is now on the Campus Basic Plan
This allows you access to one free course per year and unlimited ‘guided projects’.
To explore guided projects:
- Go to the Browse page in Coursera
- Choose a topic or skill e.g. Data Science
- In the Filter by: area, choose Guided Projects from the Type menu.
- Click Apply.
Coursera is an online platform providing courses on a wide variety of subjects, created in partnership with universities around the world. During the Covid outbreak, Coursera is offering free access to some courses to universities for a limited period and Digital Education has set this up for UCL staff and students.
To take advantage of this limited time offer, go to UCL’s Coursera page and register using your UCL email address by 31 July 2020. You must complete your learning by 30 September 2020. It is possible that this offer might be extended beyond this but no further information is available at this stage.
- This offer does not include ALL courses on Coursera, only about 90% of courses. If you choose to sign up for a course outside of the offer and there is a cost involved it is up to you to meet that cost.
- UCL is not a formal partner of Coursera and does not currently offer courses on the platform.
- Coursera is not available in Iran, Sudan, Crimea, Cuba, Syria, North Korea for legal reasons.
Detailed instructions for signing up
- Go to UCL’s Coursera page
- Click on Join for free and then switch to SIGN UP as shown below:
Important: do not try to LOG IN if you are registering to use UCL’s Coursera for the first time.
This service isn’t linked to your UCL account in any way – you need to use your UCL email address to sign up but you are creating an independent account with its own password.
- Submit the form by clicking Join for Free.
You will be asked to agree to terms and conditions and will be sent an email with a link to confirm your email address.
- When you next log in you may see a banner message asking you to join the UCL program.
Click Join Program.
Accessing UCL’s Coursera program
When browsing courses, make sure you are always looking at UCL’s Coursera program. You may need to switch from seeing all of Coursera’s courses to the UCL program in the top left corner. You will see a small pink UCL logo next to the Coursera one if you are in the right place.
If you have followed the steps above and you still have queries then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to answer them.