Lecturecast sections now available for 2022/23 courses
By Tom Walters, on 11 August 2022
Lecturecast sections for the new 2022/23 academic year are now available. All Lecturecast activity links in Moodle are copied over from the previous year’s course during a rollover, but students will not be able to open the links and view these recordings until the new Moodle course has been linked to its Lecturecast section.
Course teams need to link their course to the new section as follows:
1. Make sure all Lecturecast activities on the new course are hidden (this should be done as soon as possible).
2. Go to your new Moodle course and select any existing Lecturecast links.
3. Once you click on the link, you will be prompted to choose the new Lecturecast section. Use the drop-down list(s) to select the term, course, and section you want to link to.
4. Then select ‘Link to the Section Home’ to link your new Moodle course directly to the section class list.
5. Click ‘LINK CONTENT’ to complete the configuration.
- Once you link through, you are automatically enrolled as an instructor in the relevant Lecturecast section for next year.
- All the Lecturecast links in the rolled-over Moodle course will now be linked to next year’s session in Lecturecast.
To reuse one or more recordings from the previous year, you still need to make a copy of the recording and then share the copy with next year’s section. Please follow the instructions available at Reuse recordings from previous years.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org