LinkedIn Learning resources to support you during the Covid-19 outbreak
By Caroline Norris, on 7 April 2020
LinkedIn Learning (LIL) has a lot of content to support us as we adjust to working, learning and teaching remotely. We have shared some of these before, but now more than ever we need to focus on our wellbeing, adjust our work habits and develop skills for interacting remotely. We also need to find ways to stay as fit and supple as we can, working in our adapted home environments.
We’ve created four collections you can have a look at when you have time.
- Working remotely
Having more effective online meetings including Teams tips, managing teams remotely and work life balance.
- Keeping active
Yoga and stretching at your desk, being mindful, ergonomics and more. These are provided by Desk Yogi, a wellness platform within LIL.
- Personal Productivity
How to be more resourceful, productive and make the most of your time. Includes guidance on improving your memory and speed reading.
- Mental health and wellbeing
A wealth of resources on all aspects of wellbeing. Includes Arianna Huffington’s Thrive series, dealing with stress, avoiding burnout and happiness tips. Definitely one to dip into!
You may find it easier to access LIL on your mobile device so you can listen in the background and listen to/watch courses offline.
Using LIL on your phone or tablet
- Download the LinkedIn Learning app from your app store.
- Select Sign in with your organization portal and type in ucl.ac.uk.
- Use your UCL user ID with @ucl.ac.uk at the end to sign in.
- Browse for and open the course you want to watch.
While viewing the course in the app:
- tap the player and slide the Audio only toggle to listen to audio in the background
- tap the Download symbol directly under the player on the left to download the course to watch offline