December 2018 New Moodle Update
By Jon-Luc Holmes, on 21 December 2018
Following the scheduled outage on Tuesday 11th December, several known issues on New Moodle have been resolved. As a result of this work, you will now be able to:
- Allow you to add a new event in your calendar without receiving an error message.
- Allow you to manage subscriptions within your calendar without receiving an error message.
- Allow you to export your calendar, via URL or iCal, with all events.
- Show the breadcrumb trail consistently on pages such as the question bank.
- Correctly delete student test accounts when they expire.
- Allow for the creation of new student test accounts if you were at the limit from previously undeleted accounts.
Separately from the scheduled outage, MyFeedback has received a fix on New Moodle that restores the ‘My tutees’ block and correctly allocates tutors to tutees based on the information in Portico. This was a known issue for several months but is now resolved.
Finally, the Moodle Users Forum has been migrated from Legacy Moodle to New Moodle. All existing posts and staff forum subscriptions have been carried over to allow for a seamless transition. Any new users who want to join the Moodle Users Forum can do so by joining the forum here. For those who are unaware, the Moodle Users Forum is a space for staff to engage with other Moodle users, share ideas, best practice, raise questions and find solutions to problems. Over the past few years, the forum has proven to be an extremely useful resource enabling staff to learn from colleagues.
We’d like to thank everyone for their patience while these issues were resolved and would like to apologise for any inconvenience that was caused.