Digital Education team blog

Ideas and reflections from UCL's Digital Education team

Introducing Chris Holland – UCL’s Copyright Support Officer

By ucylcjh, on 28 March 2014

Chris HollandI’m Chris Holland, the new Copyright Support Officer at UCL. New because I have only been in post for a couple of weeks, but also new in the sense that this is a new post in the UCL Library Teaching & Learning Support Section (TLSS).

I will be very happy to help with any questions about the copyright aspects of reusing  other people’s work or the rights of UCL authors in their own original work.  My expectation is that the area of E-Learning will give rise to some challenging copyright issues and I am looking forward to providing assistance.

I am based on the 4th floor of the Science Library and report to Hazel Ingrey.  The main focus of my role is firstly to deliver guidance and support on copyright issues to UCL researchers, teachers and support services. Secondly I will develop and deliver a communication plan to promote awareness of copyright issues to all relevant communities within UCL. This will also involve delivering targeted training on aspects of copyright.

Should you have any queries about copyright (anything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask!) or if you just want to introduce yourself, please do contact me. The easiest way of doing so is to email copyright@ucl.ac.uk. For general information on copyright please visit: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/copyright/