Welcome to Discourse, Society and Culture CCM Seminars Blog Page!
This is a PhD student-led seminar series affiliated with the Department of Culture, Communication and Media which aims to bring the social into the study of language, discourse and communication. We welcome doctoral students at different stages of their doctorate, early career researchers (ECR) and academics to join our fortnightly online sessions.
We envision this as a space in which we can all share our work/ideas through various formats/genres, including presentations, reading discussions, data analysis workshops or draft writing sharing sessions.
You are welcome to get in touch with us if you:
- would like to present your work;
- have any suggestions or topics for discussion, workshop ideas, etc;
- have any questions or encounter problems regarding the writing of your thesis or conducting your research and you would like to share with peers;
- are interested in just attending sessions;
- would like to be added to a specific PhD student-led mailing list for this seminar series.
Please drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use your suggestions to plan and organize our sessions, which take place fortnightly on Tuesdays, from 1pm via Zoom: please contact us via email for the link.
Yunpeng (Dery) Du – PhD Student
Somayeh Rahimi – PhD Student
Emma Brooks – Lecturer
Miguel Pérez-Milans – Associate Professor in Applied Linguistics