By IOE Digital, on 26 July 2016
— Emily MacLeod
Thank you to all members of our Advisory Board who attended this year’s meeting earlier this month. Members present were:
- Professor Louise Archer – ASPIRES 2
- Professor Derek Bell – College of Teachers
- Kate Bellingham – Women’s Engineering Society
- Dr. Jen DeWitt – ASPIRES 2
- Professor Becky Francis – ASPIRES 2 & Institute of Education, UCL
- Professor Sir John Holman – Wellcome Trust
- Emily MacLeod – ASPIRES 2
- Katherine Mathieson – British Science Association
- Dr. Rosalind Mist – The Royal Society
- Dr. Julie Moote – ASPIRES 2
- Nicole Morgan – Royal Society of Chemistry
- Karen Powell – Economic & Social Research Council
- Shaun Reason – The Association for Science Education
- Stephen Stanton – Department for Education
- Charles Tracy – Institute of Physics
- Lucy Yeomans – ASPIRES 2
During the meeting ASPIRES 2 researchers summarised the findings from our Year 11 data collection, and set out plans for the project’s Year 13 data collection starting this autumn. Advisory Board members discussed the importance and influence of the research and used their own experience and expertise to feed into plans for the project’s final data collection cycle. Further discussions centred around how the project’s findings, particularly around age and gender, are supported by findings from across the education research and science education sectors.
The meeting ended with a focus on impact; Board members reported how ASPIRES/2 findings have impacted on their own work, and discussed how it can continue to do so in a meaningful way.
To find out more about our research, or how we work with our Advisory Board members, please contact us.