By Robert Drinkall, on 30 May 2012
Thank you for the many helpful comments about Explore, which have been extremely valuable as we have worked on the service over the last few months, both on the user interface and ‘behind the scenes’.
Through Explore, you can now search the following services:
- The UCL Library Catalogue of print and electronic books and journal titles, and audio-visual material, that UCL Library either holds or subscribes to
- The UCL Library Archives Catalogue
- All the open access records from UCL Discovery, the repository of UCL publications
- The UCL Library Digital Collections service – including past copies of UCL Exam Papers
- PrimoCentral, a remotely-held catalogue of millions of electronic journal articles and other full-text e-resources
We are currently investigating the potential for the integration of data from ReadingLists@UCL into Explore.
In a number of cases, we are still working on issues raised through this blog: for instance, on the fine detail of the indexing and presentation of records sourced from the UCL Library Catalogue. In some cases, we have not been able to deliver exactly what you requested, but this has also helped us to define our requirements from the vendors of the Explore software. We will be continuing to develop and refine the service over the coming months, and we would still like to hear your comments. Please try Explore and leave your feedback here.