A A A

Welcome from your subject librarian!

By Lisa K Flint, on 26 September 2012

Hi there and welcome to all the new students and a hello to our returning students! Just a short introduction from me..

My role is to provide you with the services, books and journals and any help that you require whilst you are here at UCL.

My subject area is Biosciences so I oversee the Medical Sciences, Biology, Botany and Zoology Collections.

• I help to provide the books and journals and resources that are required for your course
  • I run tours at the beginning of term to show new students around the library
  • I can run training sessions on how to use the Library online resources, including catalogues, databases and other bibliographic software
  • I attend departmental Staff Student Consultative Committee meetings to keep up to date with any library related issues which are discussed there
  • I run a Biosciences Blog (which you are reading) to keep all UCL staff and students up to date with any new developments – please do sign up!
  • I am based in the Science Library, room 109 and welcome students to pop in if they have any enquiries
  • I am available if anyone needs help using any of the library resources, on a 1-1 basis or group training
  • I am also available to answer enquiries by email (l.flint@ucl.ac.uk)