By Claudia P Ramirez Brinez, on 3 December 2012
What we did in the CEGE (Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering) department was:
1. Hired a student for 4 weeks to carry out a very simple survey of all the bins, types of lighting, heaters, etc., in the Chadwick building.
2. Then we decided to investigate about how the UCL buildings around us dealt with their waste and decided to copy the Geography department.
3. Supported by the department, we decided to launch a CEGE waste scheme on the 26th of September 2011 by unifying all the bins and making it clearer for people to understand. We also held a feedback session on the 18th of November 2011 to review the sceme.
4. We updated the scheme once we found out UCL was dealing differently with the waste.
5. The scheme was then improved and updated.
6. And we made a video!
7. We are still trying to improve our waste scheme so any feedback would be appreciate it!
CEGE Green Group
For pictures of the same post, please see https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=277977
For more information on how the scheme started please contact: email@example.com and for more information of what the CEGE Green Group is up to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org