On Thursday 20th March we upgraded the MyPortfolio system to version 1.8.1, which is the latest install available. There are many perks to this upgrade, most of which are listed below, and there is also a slightly different theme. Below you will see the new theme, which includes some slightly changed icons.
The majority of functionality in MyPortfolio remains the same for the upgrade to 1.8.1, with the exception of some new icons. The main change comes in the creation of pages where the edit content bar has been moved from the top to the left of the page and the tabs have been replaced with collapsible menus. Here is a summary of the other changes:
• Theme changes, although the layout remains the same it looks slightly different with new icons. This does not affect functionality.
• New theme continues with new icons, although no change to functionality.
• Drag and drop files to upload – this is a new feature. You still need to agree to the copyright statement.
• ‘Browse’ button now labelled ‘Choose files’.
• CV builder now has option to add attachments to; Education and employment, Achievements, Goals and Skills.
• Plans can now have tags.
• Notes can now have tags and attachments.
• New theme continues with new icons, no change to functionality (except in pages).
• Edit collection pages now horizontal rather than vertical.
• Edit layout now includes row. These can be added via Basic options, Advanced options or Create custom layout.
• There is now an Import tab to allow users to import their own Leap2A files.
• Edit content (within pages) has changed considerably. The options for adding block to the page now appear to the left, rather than above.
• What were the different tabs are now expandable menus, broken down into Media, Journals, General, Personal info and External. Text box and Image appear separate to these menus.
• When adding a text box you may also attach a file.
• Theme changes continue with new icons, no changes to functionality.
• Group files can now be uploaded via drag and drop; the copyright terms must still be accepted first.
If you have any questions about the upgrade please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer your questions or address your concerns.
The MyPortfolio upgrade has now been rescheduled from the 11th Feb to the 27th February 2014 from 08:00 to 12:00 to allow ample time for the upgrade to be applied. The system will be unavailable during this time.