The East India Company at Home, 1757-1857 is a 3-year (2011-2014) research project based in the Department of History at University College London and funded by the Leverhulme Trust. The project examines the British country house in an imperial and global context.
Contact us: EICathome@ucl.ac.uk
- Helen Clifford on Chinese Wallpaper
- Cliff Thornton on Chinese Wallpaper
- Analysing the will of Richard Boulton Esquire | Past Lives on Valentines Mansion Case Study: Valentines’ East India Company Owners and Their Material Objects
- John Hedger on Belmont House, Kent
- Global Stories in Domestic Spaces | Treasure Hunt on Home
architect armorial banyan Bedroom Bengal Berkshire brother bungalow Calcutta captain China chintz Chippendale Drawing Room dye Essex garden handkerchief Hertfordshire Highlands Hyderabad Inscription ivory japanned lacquer Madras mahogany marriage nabob painted mirror Pondicherry porcelain portrait Radnorshire Scotland Seringapatam servant ship Shropshire silver stock Tipu Sultan wallpaper widow Yorkshire