The East India Company at Home, 1757-1857 is a 3-year (2011-2014) research project based in the Department of History at University College London and funded by the Leverhulme Trust. The project examines the British country house in an imperial and global context.
architect armorial banyan Bedroom Bengal Berkshire Bombay brother bungalow Calcutta Cane captain ceramic China chinoiserie Chippendale Drawing Room Essex Furniture garden handkerchief Hertfordshire Hyderabad India ivory Kent lacquer Madeira Madras marriage nabob porcelain portrait Rattan Scotland Seringapatam servant ship staircase stock Tipu Sultan Wales wallpaper widow Yorkshire
- Missed our #EIChomecoming conference? It’s now on Storify: storify.com/EICatHome/obje… 1 day ago
- Congrats on being our 500th follower (and joining Twitter), @TheRealMcDowall 12 days ago
- Co-producers invited to pitch ideas for potential next phase #EIChomecoming 18 days ago
- Where next for the project and its participants? #EIChomecoming 18 days ago
- EIC at home project itself part of the afterlife of empire #EIChomecoming 18 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools