DIS Student Blog

Department of Information Studies

Meet this year’s UCL MA Publishing Bloggers!

By uczcmsm, on 16 October 2017

Wendy Tuxworth

Hi, I’m Wendy Tuxworth and I am delighted to be one of the UCL bloggers for this year! I am originally from Bermuda, hence the funny accent, and like all of you I suspect, I am a book lover! Reading, for me, is a pathway into other people’s lives and experiences, which is why I try to read as diversely as possible. I run a book blog at www.whatthelog.wordpress.com and am a volunteer submissions reader for Electric Literature. Please come to me with any of your thoughts or ideas for the blog – I want to make it your go-to for information about upcoming events, interviews with industry experts, and so much more.

Jessica Brotman

Hi everyone! I’m Jessie Brotman, and I’m so excited to be a part of the UCL MA Publishing blog team this year. I’m originally from Los Angeles, and I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to be back in the beautiful, literary city of London. There’s nothing I enjoy more than a great cup of coffee and a gripping story, and I’m particularly partial to Gothic novels and classic mysteries. I hope to make this blog a space where we can stay updated on industry happenings and celebrate our mutual love of stories. If you have any ideas for blog content (or just want to chat about books!), please feel free to contact me via Instagram, Twitter, or Goodreads. I can’t wait to get started!

Hannah Smith

Hi! I’m Hannah Smith and I currently spend a lot of time on a train to and from university. The journey gives me a fabulous excuse to read whilst enjoying the scenery. I live in a beautiful little town in Devon and volunteer in the local bookshop, running their blog and as part of the marketing and events team. I am fascinated and excited by ‘community’ in whatever form that may take and I hope that across this year everyone enjoys our bookish course community. I want the blog to be a platform to find things out and to put your own ideas forward so please contact me (by email/ Facebook/ Twitter/ coffee date) with any ideas you have in mind.