Things keep changing, it’s hard to keep up-to-date with everything that happens at UCL, so here’s some help!
At UCL we use a content management system called Silva. To make our Silva sites responsive, we have introduced a design pattern library called Indigo. Indigo sits on top of Silva and helps us create responsive sites, i.e., sites that look good and work well on mobile devices. See below for what to do to migrate to Silva Indigo.
We are also working on introducing a replacement for Silva, called Drupal. Below is a link to information about the Drupal project.
Where to find things?
- links to responsibilities of the Chief Editor
- information for people new to Silva
- what to do if you want to make a site live
- Silva how-to guides – e.g. setting up Google Analytics
- information about training
Use the link to all the Silva material available
- migrate from Silva to Indigo – what’s involved?
- how-to guides and demos and links to sites already in Indigo
Tip: you can also Google all the how-to guides, e.g.
Silva UCL images
Silva UCL hide
Indigo UCL captioned image
Sites already in Drupal:
Next 4 pilot sites we are currently working on:
- UCL Global
- UCL News
- UCL Ophthalmology (IOO)
Any further questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org