By Abir Mukherjee, on 31 January 2014
DynaMed (currently for ULCH users only)
Continuing on from last month’s initial posts on online point-of-care tools, a further resource currently available for UCLH / NHS users only is Dynamed. UCL Medical students are reminded that they currently have access to UpToDate and BMJ Best Practice as alternatives.
Dynamed is an evidence based clinical decision support tool for doctors and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care or follow-up.
- Clinically-organized summaries for 3,200+ topics covering all aspects of care
- New evidence reviewed and integrated with existing content
- UK based drug dosages and regimes
- Desktop and mobile app access
- DynaMed is available as a mobile application, compatible with devices such as Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Extra features include patient information supplemental content ; medical calculators; reference support links and CME (Continuing Medical Education). To access the resource, users will need to choose Institutional Acess, Open Athens and then login with their UCLH Athens username + password.